The ‘no bread’ bread and butter pudding
The best thing about using Lo-Dough is its incredible bread like quality. Lo-Dough contains 80% fewer calories and due to it being virtually carb free, it doesn’t contribute to raising blood sugar, it feels like bread and tastes like bread – but your body doesn’t treat it like bread.
This delicious ‘no bread’ bread and butter pudding looks and tastes just like the real thing. We used Skinny Syrup for flavouring, along with coconut milk and traditional festive spices. The mixed berries work very well as a replacement for sultanas (which are very high in sugar content). It's indulgent, it’s light and best yet, it's virtually carb free.
2 packets of Lo-Dough
230ml coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp vanilla Skinny Syrup
A handful mixed berries (we used blackberries, raspberries and blueberries).
One knob unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Make your mix: Beat the eggs in the coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, skinny syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth using a whisk.
- Cutting the Lo-Dough into triangles and butter on one side.
- Butter the ovenproof tray.
- Layer the Lo-Dough into the tray butter side up and place the berries over and under the Lo-Dough in layers.
- Pour the mixture over the Lo-Dough and allow to soak for ten minutes making sure all pieces are fully covered in the mixture.
- Cook for 30 minutes in the oven.
Top tip: Vanilla paste makes for a quality star ingredient. We love that it contains some of the seeds from the extract.