Makes the perfect keto veggie kebab
Halloumi is a great substitute for meat on the BBQ, given its strong salty taste and chewy firm texture - it often get's an airing when the sun comes out.
There are reduced fat alternatives available, but with Lo-Dough you needn't worry about that - you can still get a substantial and filling wrap for 400 calories. The Halloumi is dressed in Blend Bros Sweet Chilli Sauce, a squeeze of lemon and some chopped herbs and then served up alongside some delicious grilled vegetables and salad, all ready to be wrapped up in Lo-Dough.
Ready in minutes, we think this one should be a firm favourite of vegetarians and carnivores alike.
Did you know? Lo-Dough is:
High fibre | fat free | low-carb | gluten free | dairy free | high protein | paleo | vegetarian | sugar free
- 1 piece of
- 100g of halloumi (cooked)
- A quarter of a small red onion (with root kept on to hold it together)
- Half a small red pepper, cut into two
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A few salad leaves
- 15ml of Blend Bros Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh mint
- Half a red chilli, finely chopped
- Half a clove of garlic, finely chopped
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Mix your Blend Bros sauce, chilli, garlic and mint in a bowl and leave to one side.
- On a BBQ or in a griddle pan, add your halloumi, peppers and onions and grill on both sides. Nice char marks will add flavour to the finished dish.
- Once cooked toss the cheese and vegetables in the sauce mix from before. Leave to marinate for a few moments.
- Add the salad ingredients to the wrap and then and the dressed halloumi and serve.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.