Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole
A Mexican fajita dinner - delicious low calorie food for the whole family
Here at Lo-Dough, we're yet to meet anybody who doesn't enjoy the joyously adaptable and lip-smacking feast that is the fajita dinner. There are a few things to chop and prepare in advance, but beyond that, it's easy, incredibly tasty and once again, thanks to Lo-Dough it's low in carbs and calories.
The recipe below is for chicken fajitas with tomato salsa, guacamole and a crumbling of Lancashire cheese (our Lancashire cheese is the closest equivalent to Mexican 'Queso Blanco' cheese, but grated cheddar would work just as well). Other adornments that can be tried are sour cream, pickled red onions, salad, jalepeno chillies, chopped raw chilli, lime wedges and so on - It's really just a case of what you fancy.
For perfect spicing, we recommend using Spicentice's Fajita kit - a perfectly balanced blend of herbs and spices that give a great authentic flavour.
Nutritional information shown per 1 fajita serving.
Like what you see? See the the recipe for the Mexican Huevos Rancheros
Method1. Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, juice of one lime, half the chilli pepper and some of the fresh coriander into a bowl and mix to make your salsa. Season to taste.
2. Mash up the avocado with the juice of a lime, some of the fresh coriander and add the remaining chilli pepper to make your guacamole. Season to taste.
3. Toss your chicken in a bowl with the paprika and cumin and some salt and pepper. Once coated, add in the red pepper, onion and garlic.
4. Spray your pan with fry light a couple of times and add in the chicken and vegetables. Fry lightly for approx. 15-20 min, making sure the chicken is cooked through.
5. While the fajita mix is cooking, brown off your Lo-Dough in another pan with a spray of fry-light oil.
6. Serve at the table in separate bowls, allowing your family/guests to build and customise their own fajitas.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co