Super Low-Carb Stuffing
Low-carb sage and onion stuffing - perfect for Christmas
Cheap, bread-based stuffing was originally put on a plate to fill diners up, meaning that the expensive meat went a lot further. Over time, people have added herbs and flavourings, fruits, nuts and even meat(!) to turn it into a delicious element of the meal in its own right.
For those following a low carb diet, roast dinners can be problematic. Nobody wants to miss out on a roastie or two - for many people they are the primary reason for having a Sunday lunch! While we can't de-carb a potato, we can offer up super low-carb and filling high-fibre stuffing that will help keep the carbs down and satisfy your appetite!
This is perfect low-carb veggie stuffing and ideal for Christmas
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/392F/Gas 6 (If serving alongside your roast dinner, put the stuffing into the oven for the last 30 minutes of cooking)
2. Fry off your garlic and onion on a gentle heat until softened. Add the sage for a minute or two before removing from the heat
3. Add the blitzed Lo-Dough, the onion mix and the chopped parsley. Pour in the beaten egg and mix - you may need to add a little water to moisten the mix and bring it together - but don't make it too wet or loose. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Put into a lightly sprayed dish to cook, spraying the top with a little oil before placing in the oven to bake.
5. Serve alongside your roast dinner!
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co