Low-Calorie Mince Pie Tart
The Most Incredible Low-Calorie Mincemeat & Apple Tart!
What would Christmas be without mince pies? This low-calorie & reduced sugar version is Lo-Dough's contribution to the genre! By combining homemade reduced sugar mincemeat with a piece of Lo-Dough, you can easily keep the calories and carbs down.
If you are looking to stick to a low carb diet, are gluten-intolerant or simply don't want your diet to got to pot over Christmas, this tart might just be a lifesaver for you.
The Mincemeat recipe is:
- 1 apple, grated
- 100g of mixed dried fruit
- 100g of cranberries
- The juice of 2 clementines
- 10g of butter
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of sweetener (erythritol)
Just add everything to a saucepan and simmer until the orange juice has reduced and the whole mix is sticky and unctuous. The recipe will keep for 5 days in a sealed jar in the fridge.
Method1. Preheat your oven to 180c/Gas Mark 4. bits of orange zest (optional).
2. Roll out your Lo-Dough flat between two pieces of paper found in the pouch and work into a 7inch tin.
3. Spoon the mincemeat into the lo-dough and arrange the apple slices on top
4. Bake for approx 20 minutes. 5. Allow to cool on a rack and once cooled enough place in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Serve alongside any accompaniment of choice, or just straight up.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co