Low-Carb Turkey & Mushroom Pudding
Low-Carb Savoury Puddings Are Possible!
This Turkey (or Chicken) & Mushroom Pudding is a serious bit of winter-warming wholesomeness. Packed to the rafters with its savoury filling, FULL of flavour and incredibly satisfying, this is a great meal for a cold night! If you have plenty of leftovers after a Sunday Dinner or even Christmas dinner, this is a great way to use some up!
By using Lo-Dough instead of a traditional suet pastry crust, you'll massively drop the calories and the carbs (and the fat for that matter), whilst upping the fibre content of the dish. Fibre contributes massively to satiety (the feeling of fullness), so you'll still have a very satisfied tummy at the end of this one.
Method1. Preheat your oven to 180c/Gas 4. In a sauce pan, add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions have softened. Finally add the cooked meat, cream cheese, stock, herbs and seasoning and cook down until the sauce has thickened.
2. Get an oven proof bowl approx. 16 cm in diameter and line with a piece of Lo-Dough, allowing the folds to gather inside naturally.
3. Cut another piece of Lo-Dough to fit the top of the bowl.
4. Fill the bowl and first piece with the mix, pushing down and compacting as much as possible.
5. Seal the lid to the base and filling with a little beaten egg and then wrap tightly in tin foil.
6. Bake in the oven for approx 30-40 minutes. Turn out onto a platter, carefully cut out the quarters with a knife and serve with veg of your choice.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co