Low-Carbers! Get Your Tangy Lemon Cheesecake Fix With Lo-Dough...
Lemons, somewhat counterintuitively, contain a lot of sugar. To keep the carbs/sugars down in a lemon-cheesecake, the best way of working around this is with a combination of super low-carb Lo-Dough as your biscuit base and using a quality sweetener to replace the sugar.
Low-Sugar Cheesecake made easy
The recipe is quick and easy to make and by serving it in a glass, will not need chilling overnight or the addition of any gelatine.
Make it with Lo-Dough.
- ½ piece of
- 1 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoons of skinny syrup
- 100g of full fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of sweetener
- The juice and zest of one lemon
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Blitz your
Lo-Doughto fine crumbs in a food processor.
Melt the butter in a pan on a medium heat and add the
Lo-Doughcrumbs a teaspoon of sweetener, a squirt of the skinny syrup and keep stirring for 4-5 minutes until the crumbs have turned golden and crisp.
- Add the crumbs to the bottom of a glass and press down with the back of a spoon.
- While the crumbs set firm, mix cheese, lemon juice and 2nd spoon of sweetener in a bowl.
- Once ready, add the lemon cheese mix on top of the crumbs. Once this all in, smooth off the top and garnish with the lemon zest - then put in fridge to set for 2 hours minimum.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.