Movie night? Enjoy these amazing nachos without the carbs. Magic
Type: Suitable For: Gluten freeHigh fibreLow calorieVegetarian
Low calorie, low carb nachos are here
Low-carb nachos may seem like a tall order. Not with Lo-Dough.
Nacho's are a great, simple snack food - perfect for parties or nights in front of the TV. Using a few simple shop-bought ingredients, this can be thrown together in minutes.
Done the Lo-Dough way, the calories are halved from that of any shop bought equivalent, with the added bonus of being high in fibre and therefore filling and satisfying. We've used a light cheddar here in our recipe, but there is always the option to go full fat and still come in significantly lower in calories.
Lo-Dough will make more than enough filling nachos for one, but we've used two for a sharing portion in the picture above.
Low carb nachos make filling snacks & on the go food
Cakes, brownies, mini sausage rolls. Lo Dough is great to snack on due to its high fibre content. The fibre is the thing that will satiate your hunger pangs and fill you up between meal times without loading you with calories and carbs.
Inspired? You can also use Lo-Dough as a pizza base. Check out this stunning 170 calorie ham and mushroom pizza
- 1. Preheat your oven to 200C/392F/Gas mark 6.
2. Sprinkle the Lo-Dough with a teaspoon of paprika and roll out with a rolling pin, pushing the parika into the dough. Repeat on the other side.
3. Cut into pieces any size of your liking. we go for about 8-10 rough triangles.
4. Cook in the oven for approx 10 mins (or until dry and crisp) and then transfer to a (heat-proof) serving bowl. Sprinkle over the cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes
5. Add your salsa, sour cream and chillis and serve.