A perfect side for any fakeaway
Onion rings are a perfect accompaniment to any takeaway meal... adding a sweet/savoury crunch.
Well, we've come up with a quick fix for those of you looking to make them less greasy and carby and massively high in fibre - just make them with your Southern Style Coating!
They're quick, easy and they work perfectly with a multitude of meals.
For a twist, try lightly pickling your onion rings before coating. Delicious!
- 1 portion of
Lo-DoughSouthern Style Coating
- 5-6 rings of red/white onion
- 1 large egg white
- A few sprays of fry-light
- Salt & pepper
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Blanch your onion rings in boiling water for 30 seconds to a minute, just to start the cooking process. Leave to cool for a minute.
- Use the egg white and Southern Style Coating to coat the onion rings (see packet for detailed instructions). Bake in a hot oven (220°C) for approx 15 minutes until golden brown on the outside.
- Serve alongside your favourite takeaway-style meal.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.