Quick & healthy, low-calorie lunches for busy people
Eating on the fly is always a minefield in terms of nutrition. A packet sandwich and a bag of crisps are a common go-to for the average office worker, yet nutritionally (and in many cases, flavour-wise), they're not offering much.
Well, if working from home, or making something to take into the office, Lo-Dough wraps are pretty much the quickest and simplest preparation for our base product. Spending 5 minutes making your own wrap is the only guaranteed way to get a wrap that is nutritious, tasty and tailored exactly to your tastes!
We recommend rolling your Lo-Dough flat with a rolling pin first to create a tortilla-like texture, but this isn't essential.
From simple ideas to more adventurous flavour combinations, we're sure you all know what floats your particular sandwich boat, but below are a few wrap ideas that are nothing more than assembly jobs - no cooking required.
Note - Quick pickles bring wraps and sandwiches to life - mix equal parts vinegar and sweetener and seasoned with salt and pepper. Add any herbs and spices if desired. Dilute with a little water and then drop in your veg for 10-20 minutes. These will keep in your fridge for a few days - just leave them in the pickling liquid. Remember - if you can eat it raw, you can pickle it! We've gone with crisp pickled radishes in the image below!
The main rule for a tasty wrap is to be generous with the filling. Lo-Dough has done the job of massively reducing the calories - so load it up and make your sandwich something to savour. Our recipes below have been designed with massive flavour AND nutritional value at the heart of them. Plus, they are all so low-calorie, you could have fruit, nuts or even a brownie on the side and still be certain you are hitting your dietary goals.
1. Smoked mackerel pate, mustard, quick-pickled radishes and salad
Calories: 299 kcal
2. Goat's cheese, sliced ham, apple, and crisp romaine lettuce
Calories: 144 kcal
3. Hummous, grated carrot, cumin, parsley and salad
Calories: 167 kcal
4. Curried egg salad (just add a teaspoon of curry to a bought egg salad) with mango chutney, quick-pickled veg and salad
Calories: 219 kcal
Or maybe try some other great combos:
- Sliced roast beef, cheddar, beetroot, mustard and rocket
- Chicken and Greek salad (feta, cucumber, tomato, olives, dried oregano)
- Salmon, cream cheese, capers, gherkins and salad
- Sundried tomato, mozzarella and spinach with pesto.