Baked Feta & Hummus Flatbread
An amazing High-Fibre Recipe Made With low-calorie Lo-Dough
This middle-eastern style flatbread (you might think of it a bit like a hummus pizza!) is a super-tasty, high-fibre dish and hits all the flavour notes you'd want in a meal. Serve alongside a zingy veg-packed salad (perhaps with a harissa dressing) for a well-balanced, nutritious dinner.
Chickpeas are a great source of fibre and unrefined carbohydrates and when 100g gets partnered with Lo-Dough, you will be getting approximately half of your daily recommended fibre intake in one sitting.
But this isn't just about nutritious value - it's also about deliciousness, so we've topped our hummus flatbread with sweet sun-dried tomatoes, tangy feta, salty olives and fresh parsley, plus a little kick of chilli. The combination of flavours is an obvious winner, hitting all the key taste sensations in one go!
If you are looking to up your fibre content without sending the calories and carbs sky-high, Lo-Dough is the primary choice. Why not give this recipe a go, or try some of our other fibre-packed recipes:
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, lightly fried on both sides in spray oil
- 70g hummus
- 40g feta cheese, crumbled
- 35g sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 40g black olives, roughly chopped
- A quarter of a red chilli, finely chopped
- A small handful of chopped parsley
- A twist of black pepper
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 250°C/475F/Gas 9.
Spread the hummus across the
Lo-Doughin a thin layer, right up to the edge.
- Crumble over the feta and spread the tomatoes and olives around.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with the chopped parsley and a crack of black pepper on top.
- If you like things a little more spicy, you can add a fine drizzle of chilli oil, or for extra freshness, a little lemon zest.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.