Start Your Day With Low-Calorie Waffles, Thanks To Lo-Dough!
If you are looking to start your morning with something special, you could do a heck of a lot worse than these sweet banana waffles.
Crispy on the outside, fluffy-in-the-middle waffles, sliced banana, a dose of low-calorie syrup.
As an optional extra, because it was SO low calorie, so high fibre and just so damn good for us... we went with a little blob of whipped cream to add some luxury (you can go with low-fat yoghurt if you prefer!).
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3-4 teaspoons of sweetener
- A little vanilla paste/extract
- 40ml of milk
- Approx 40ml of water (or enough to loosen the batter to a thick pancake patter consistency)
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 small banana, chopped
- 40ml of skinny syrup
- A blob of cream or low-fat yoghurt (optional)
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas 6. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into your mould.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes. To improve the crispness of the outside of the waffle. Take out of the mould after 15 minutes and cook on the other side for the last 5 minutes.
- Serve with the banana, syrup and cream/yoghurt (if using).
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.