New York Style Baked Brownie Cheesecake
Say hello to the ultra low-sugar, super indulgent brownie-cheesecake.
If following a low-carb diet, cheesecake might feel like something that is completely off the cards. Well, here's the recipe you've been waiting for - for just 6g of carbs per generous slice, we know you're going to love this one!
This cheesecake uses a whole brownie mix and makes 12 portions - so is ideal for family get-togethers or gatherings with friends. What's more, nobody will realise it's so low-sugar - we promise! We use full-fat cream cheese and still deliver a dessert for just over 250 calories... not bad eh?
Plan this a day in advance as it will need a night in the fridge to set.
Note: We have used an 8.5-inch baking tin and found it created the perfect thickness of base for this cheesecake.
For the base
For the cheesecake topping
- 800g of full-fat soft cheese
- 230g sweetener (we used granulated erythritol)
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract/the seeds from a vanilla pod
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 yolk 270ml soured cream
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- In the 8.5-inch cheesecake tin, make the
Lo-DoughBrownie Mix as per the packet instructions. Once baked, turn your oven down to 110°C/230°F. Allow to the brownie to cool.
- Add all your cheesecake ingredients to a bowl and whisk thoroughly with an electric mixer until everything is fully incorporated.
- Pour the mix over the cooled brownie and place in the oven to bake for 45-50 minutes. After this time, turn the oven off and open the door, but leave the cheesecake in the cooling oven for a further 2 hours.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to cool and set overnight. It will be ready to serve the next day!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.