Fancy a delicious pie without the calories? Look no further.
This classic chicken and mushroom masterpiece will certainly fill the pie-shaped hole in your cravings. This recipe is the perfect meal for two (with some veg on the side) and only comes in at a tiny 185 calories for half the pie!
Packed full of protein and low fat, the only thing that would make this dish better is a nice pouring of gravy!
Big thank you to Janette Jones for this great recipe.
- 2 pieces of Lo-dough
- 120g of cooked chicken
- 1 small carrot
- 1 spring onion
- 100g mushrooms
- ¼ stock cube
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 30g Philadelphia soft cheese
- 1 medium free range egg
- Salt & pepper to taste
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
Take one piece of
Lo-Dough, spray with Frylight, line a small oven-proof dish (trim Lo-Doughto fit), and blind bake until golden.
- Dice mushrooms and carrots and cut up spring onion. Add to a pan with Frylight and cook for a few minutes over a medium heat.
- Add stock cube and about 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 2 minutes before adding chicken, Philadelphia, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Reduce for a few minutes until hardly any liquid remains.
Lo-Doughbase with mixture then take the other piece of Lo-Dough, spray with Frylight and then trim to size to make a lid for your pie.
- Brush with egg and bake for 10 minutes or until golden on top. Then enjoy!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.