Chicken and Mushroom Pie
Tasty, Filling, Super Low Calorie.
Fancy a delicious pie without the calories? Look no further.
This classic chicken and mushroom masterpiece will certainly fill the pie-shaped hole in your cravings. This recipe is the perfect meal for two (with some veg on the side) and only comes in at a tiny 185 calories for half the pie!
Packed full of protein and low fat, the only thing that would make this dish better is a nice pouring of gravy!
Big thank you to Janette Jones for this great recipe.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°.
2. Take one piece of Lo-Dough, spray with Frylight, line a small oven-proof dish (trim Lo-Dough to fit), and blind bake until golden.
3. Dice mushrooms and carrots and cut up spring onion. Add to a pan with Frylight and cook for a few minutes over a medium heat.
4. Add stock cube and about 1/2 cup of water and simmer for 2 minutes before adding chicken, Philadelphia, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper.
5. Reduce for a few minutes until hardly any liquid remains.
6. Fill the Lo-Dough base with mixture then take the other piece of Lo-Dough, spray with Frylight and then trim to size to make a lid for your pie.
7. Brush with egg and bake for 10 minutes or until golden on top. Then enjoy!
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co