A Great Low-Carb Pizza From Chloe Madeley's Book, 'The Fat Loss Blitz'
Chole Haskell (formerly Madeley) recently featured a couple of fantastic recipes using Lo-Dough in her book 'The Fat-Loss Blitz'. It was a bit of an honour to be featured and even better, we can now share these exclusive recipes on our site. This is her take on a Lo-Dough pizza and is a perfect post-workout meal that tastes every bit as indulgent as a pizza should!
Chloe's take on pizza includes chicken sausages, red onions and for some serious spike, a few jalapeno chillis. Another twist is the use of strong cheddar cheese, instead of the usual mozzarella. The resulting pizza is a gorgeous, mouth-watering affair and had the whole team at Lo-Dough beaming from ear to ear when we cooked one up to try.
Low Carb, High-Fibre Pizzas Made With Lo-Dough
When you eat a Lo-Dough pizza, you get 9.3g of fibre as a default, all for just 2.2g of carbs. That's before you've even put any toppings on. Tomato sauce can add little more fibre and then additional vegetables, more still. But we think if you are getting a third of your daily recommended intake of fibre in one pizza,n without even trying, you aren't exactly in a bad place!
Whether a fitness devotee like Chloe or just looking to shed a few pounds via a calorie or carb controlled diet, Lo-Dough pizza could well be your saviour. Unfulfilled indulgent cravings are a thing of the past.
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, briefly pre-browned in a pan
- 2 level tablespoons of passata (approx. 30g)
- 2 chicken sausages (typically 34g each), finely sliced. Heck Chicken Chipolatas are Chloe's favourite
- Half a small red onion, finely sliced
- Half a jalapeno pepper, finely sliced
- 1 small handful of grated Cheddar (approx. 30g)
- 1 teaspoon of chilli oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400F/Gas 6.
Spread the passata across the pre-browned
Lo-Doughin a thin layer, right up to the edge.
- Arrange the sausages, onion and jalapeno evenly around the pizza base. Sprinkle the Cheddar over the top and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the pizza has reached your desired crispiness.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, cut into quarters and serve with the chilli oil in a small bowl alongside. Dip in and enjoy!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.