Nutty Chocolate Dessert Pizza
Type: DessertPizza Suitable For: Gluten freeHigh fibreLow calorie
We've carefully chosen some renowned reduced-sugar and high protein products to create the ultimate dessert pizza. A sweet indulgent dessert pizza that offers a good amount of protein and fibre whilst keeping the sugar down wherever possible.
IMPORTANT: You may not have all these products at hand and by all means, you can mix and match, or even use supermarket brands, though we've gone down the route of exploring good, affordable fitness products to see just how tasty a sweet chocolatey pizza can really be.
- A Lo-Dough base
- Jim Jams Chocolate & Nut spread
- A Barebells Caramel Cashew Bar
- Some high protein PBfit peanut butter
- A few extra adornments (see the full recipe below).
Given the nature of this sweet pizza, we recommend it as a bit of a one-off treat and as something you can share with friends and loved ones. The nutritional info below is per quarter. If any needs to be saved overnight, keep in a sealed container in the fridge - but amongst friends, we can't imagine this one making it through an evening.
Lo-Dough as your low carb pizza base
Lo-Dough is a versatile product with many uses, but one of the most popular by far is as a low carb pizza base. And pizzas don't need to be loaded with cheese and savoury toppings, seeing as we're talking about freedom here. A sweet, sugary, chocolate covered treat can still be low calorie so long as you are using Lo-Dough as your low carb pizza base.
Method1. Work the hazelnut spread into a thin layer across the Lo-Dough with the back of a spoon.
2. Arrange the protein bar, the nuts and the chocolate curls (or grated chocolate) across the spread.
3. Finally, drizzle with the peanut butter mix and little blobs of the marmalade - let out your inner artist!