This low-calorie breakfast is an absolute treat!
If you are looking for a great, sweet breakfast to start your day, this take on french toast, with peaches, cream and fresh mint is going to be right up your street. Simple to prepare, low-calorie, low-carb, high-fibre, French toast made with Lo-Dough isn't like the rest.
All you need are a few simple ingredients - if you can get hold of fresh ripe peaches - perfect, but if not, just use tinned peaches (in juice) - that's what we did!
The drizzle of cream adds a little luxury and the mint leaves makes it super fresh!
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, cut into quarters
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 20ml of semi-skimmed milk
- Vanilla seed/paste
- 1 tablespoon of erythritol sweetener
- Half a tin of peach slices, drained
- A few fresh mint leaves
- A little single cream to drizzle (approx 1 tablespoon)
- Approx. 10 sprays of oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Add the egg, sweetener, vanilla seed and milk to a bowl and mix well with a fork. When combined, add your
Lo-Dough. Leave this mix in the fridge for around 20-30 minutes for the Lo-Doughto absorb the liquid.
On a low heat, add the spray oil to a frying pan and gently fry the eggy
Lo-Doughuntil golden brown. The Lo-Doughwill be a little fragile after soaking, so treat it carefully.
- Once cooked, add the peaches slices, fresh mint and drizzle with some single cream.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.