The Lo-Dough sausage roll has arrived: It’s time to get your rolling pin out and curb those cravings with a little touch of low carb, homemade magic.
How many times have you walked past a Greggs and kicked your diet in at the last minute? The thick pastry layered sausage roll contains a whopping 22g of fat and a total of 327 calories. Delicious? Absolutely. Good for the waistline? Absolutely not. But as we know the path to hell is paved with good intentions...
Lo-Dough works great with a rolling pin. Add your favourite sausage meat and sauce and you’ve got yourself a low carb sausage faux roll. Cut into two and enjoy as a snack or light meal, or serve as party bites at your next social gathering.
Top tip: add a little herbs and dehydrated cheese sprinkles before you bake for an extra crispy and tasty finish.
High fibre | fat free | low-carb | gluten free | dairy free | high protein | paleo | vegetarian | sugar free
More info on how to use Lo-Dough as a pastry alternative
- 100g of gluten free sausage meat
1 piece of
- One large free-range egg
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Make an egg wash and get your pastry brush at the ready.
Take a piece of
Lo-Doughout of the packet and peel away the paper.
Using your rolling pin, roll the
Lo-Doughout until flat.
Take a generous portion of sausage meat (we used less than a quarter of our packet and this filled it out nicely) and roll into a thick sausage shape, leaving enough space at the top and bottom of the
Add egg wash around the edges of the
- Roll up! Roll over and under from top to bottom, and then take the left-hand side and roll over into a sausage roll.
- Paint your sausage roll with light, even coat of egg wash.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into two portions.
- Serve with your favourite sauce for dipping.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.