Gluten Free Sausage Roll
Say goodbye to carb cravings with this melt in your mouth sausage roll.
Type: Pastry Suitable For: Gluten freeHigh proteinLow carb
The Lo-Dough sausage roll has arrived: It’s time to get your rolling pin out and curb those cravings with a little touch of low carb, homemade magic.
How many times have you walked past a Greggs and kicked your diet in at the last minute? The thick pastry layered sausage roll contains a whopping 22g of fat and a total of 327 calories. Delicious? Absolutely. Good for the waistline? Absolutely not. But as we know the path to hell is paved with good intentions...
Lo-Dough works great with a rolling pin. Add your favourite sausage meat and sauce and you’ve got yourself a low carb sausage faux roll. Cut into two and enjoy as a snack or light meal, or serve as party bites at your next social gathering.
Top tip: add a little herbs and dehydrated cheese sprinkles before you bake for an extra crispy and tasty finish.
High fibre | fat free | low-carb | gluten free | dairy free | high protein | paleo | vegetarian | sugar free
More info on how to use Lo-Dough as a pastry alternative
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Make an egg wash and get your pastry brush at the ready.
3. Take a piece of Lo-Dough out of the packet and peel away the paper.
4. Using your rolling pin, roll the Lo-Dough out until flat.
5. Take a generous portion of sausage meat (we used less than a quarter of our packet and this filled it out nicely) and roll into a thick sausage shape, leaving enough space at the top and bottom of the Lo-Dough for rolling.
6. Add egg wash around the edges of the Lo-Dough.
7. Roll up! Roll over and under from top to bottom, and then take the left-hand side and roll over into a sausage roll.
8. Paint your sausage roll with light, even coat of egg wash.
9. Place in the oven and bake for approx 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and cut into two portions.
10. Serve with your favourite sauce for dipping.