Butternut Squash, Mozzarella and Chorizo Toastie
Low Carb, Gluten-Free Deliciousness
When it comes to devouring a tasty toastie, this one has got to be one be our all-time favourites. The sweet nutty taste of the butternut squash, combined with the milky, creamy taste of the mozzarella makes this toastie a truly delectable treat.
The Italians have always known that the subtle peppery taste of Basil adds an extra oomph to any given dish, so much so that it became fondly known as the official herb of love. As legend would have it, if an Italian woman placed a sprig of basil on her balcony, it was a message to her beau that he could call that evening.
Top tip: For an additional nutritious boost, we served ours with gut cleansing red kimchi (fermented live food) and spinach salad with organic tomatoes and a sprinkle of Parsley
1. Preheat a non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and spray with Frylight.
2. Add butternut, chorizo, garlic and pepper and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the butternut is crisp on the outside with a soft centre, stirring occasionally.
3. Tip out onto a tray with kitchen roll or jay cloth to strain off any excess oil and remove the garlic.
4. Layer the cooked veg onto the Lo-Dough with the basil and mozzarella.
5. Wrap and brush with your beaten egg wash and sprinkle with oregano.
6. Pop in a George Foreman Grill (or any other suitable sandwich press) for 5 Minutes and your Toasted Wrap is ready!
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co