Check out our low-calorie take on this hot trend in pizza!
This super savoury pizza really benefits from a little drizzle of honey. Think about it - you've got umami-rich cheese, salty/savoury bacon (leave out to keep it veggie), tangy tomato sauce, acidic pickled peppers - the missing piece in the puzzle is a touch of sweetness - that's where the honey comes in! You don't need much - we're not making breakfast/dessert! Probably about a teaspoon or so finely drizzled over should do it.
As ever - using Lo-Dough as your pizza base makes this pizza low cal, low carb and super high in fibre, so it's perfect for almost any diet!
You've got to give this one a go!
- 1 piece of
- 60g of grated mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons of passata
- 15g of shaved parmesan
- 1 rasher of bacon, finely sliced
- 25g of sliced roquito peppers
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Basil to garnish
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/Gas 7.
- Quickly fry your sliced bacon until cooked.
Spread the passata on the smooth side of your
Lo-Dough, spreading right to the edge. Then add your grated mozzarella, again, right to the edge.
- Top with the bacon and peppers.
- Bake in your oven for 7-10 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Garnish with parmesan shavings, a drizzle of honey and a little basil. Serve straight away.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.