This dreamy breakfast is an awesome low carb way to start the day!
Scotch pancakes, bacon and syrup. Doesn't sound like it's gonna be low-carb, does it? Well, by using blitzed Lo-dough as your flour replacement and swapping out the standard maple syrup for an ultra low-sugar fibre syrup, you can have this delicious breakfast on a low carb or keto diet - with the dish coming in at just 7g of carbs.
For those counting calories, this one comes in at an insanely reasonable 360 kcal - even with the bacon - but you can half the bacon amount quite easily!!
Note - for this recipe you will need a non-stick pan.
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 50ml of milk (or an extra egg if preferred)
- 2 heaped teaspoons of erythritol sweetener (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- 20 sprays of spray oil (or if on a keto diet - use butter)
- 6 thin rashers of bacon
- 40ml-60ml of your favourite skinny syrup
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Place your bacon under the grill and cook until crisp.
In a bowl, mix the
Lo-Dough, beaten egg, sweetener and milk thoroughly. You should have a thick, nearly cake like batter. You can blend for a smoother mix if desired.
- Heat up a large frying pan (on a low heat) and spray approx. 10 times with the oil (or melt some butter). Add four goods spoons of the mix into the pan to create 4 pancakes.
- Once ready to turn, lift each pancake with a spatula and before flipping over, quickly add another couple of sprays of oil to the bit of the pan where it came from.
- Once ready, serve with the crispy bacon and syrup.
For extra luxury and fats for keto, you can serve with a knob of butter melted over the top.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.