Low Cal Goat's Cheese & Caramelised Onion Pizza
Tangy & Sweet, this low-cal pizza might just be the ticket!
A common pairing with tangy goat's cheese is something sweet and earthy to balance the goat's cheese's natural tang. In this case, we've gone with sweet, slowly caramelised onions - it's a perfect pairing.
To make perfectly caramelised onions, you need a bit of patience. Many recipes with tell you onions can be caramelised in 10 minutes... well, they are lying. On a very low heat, these will take around 30-40 minutes to perfectly cook - but for the most part you can walk away and let them do their thing... coming back to stir occasionally. Do a big batch... they freeze perfectly and are great on sandwiches, in salads and of course, on pizzas!
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, lightly fried on both sides in spray oil
- 80g goat's cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of passata/pizza sauce
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- About 10 sprays of 1-cal oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- In a frying pan, gently sweat your onion for 30-40 minutes until golden and sticky.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/428°F.
Spread the passata across the
Lo-Doughin a thin layer, right up to the edge.
- Spread the goat's cheese around the pizza and then fill in any gaps where there isn't any goat's cheese with the caramelised onions. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with a crack of black pepper on top.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.