Low Cal Goat's Cheese & Caramelised Onion Pizza
Tangy & Sweet, this low-cal pizza might just be the ticket!
A common pairing with tangy goat's cheese is something sweet and earthy to balance the goat's cheese's natural tang. In this case, we've gone with sweet, slowly caramelised onions - it's a perfect pairing.
To make perfectly caramelised onions, you need a bit of patience. Many recipes with tell you onions can be caramelised in 10 minutes... well, they are lying. On a very low heat, these will take around 30-40 minutes to perfectly cook - but for the most part you can walk away and let them do their thing... coming back to stir occasionally. Do a big batch... they freeze perfectly and are great on sandwiches, in salads and of course, on pizzas!
1. In a frying pan, gently sweat your onion for 30-40 minutes until golden and sticky.
2. Preheat your oven to 220°C/428°F
3. Spread the passata across the Lo-Dough in a thin layer, right up to the edge.
4. Spread the goat's cheese around the pizza and then fill in any gaps where there isn't any goat's cheese with the caramelised onions. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until golden and bubbling
5. Serve with a crack of black pepper on top.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co