Low-Calorie Ice Cream Sandwich (Brownie Mix)
When the weather heats up, stay on-plan with Lo-Dough's healthy brownie mix and some low-cal ice cream
If we told you that you could have an ice-cream sandwich for 111 calories, you think we were lying, yeah? Well, we are absolutely not - your on-plan ice cream sandwich prayers are answered! At just 11.2g of carbs and a massive 8.1g of fibre, this is an ice-cream sandwich, reinvented. This great hack for Lo-Dough brownies makes the perfect ice-cream sandwich and by adulterating your brownies with additional flavourings, you can tweak these summer treats to your heart's content.
For these particular brownies, we added a teaspoon of salted caramel flavouring to ramp up the taste!
Making your low-carb brownies
Make the Lo-Dough Brownie Mix as per the packet instructions adding a teaspoon of salted caramel flavouring (optional). Bake for 25 minutes at 190C. Allow to cool (as per the instructions) and then cut into 9 portions. Then carefully cut your brownies in half along the face of the brownie. Add a scoop of your favourite low fat/low sugar ice cream in between the two halves. You could do this to a whole batch of brownies and freeze them all if desired.
- 1 pack of
- A teaspoon of salted caramel flavouring
- 40g of low-cal ice-cream (per brownie)
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Make the
Lo-DoughBrownie Mix as per the packet instructions.
- Add the mix to your lined tin and bake for 25 minutes at 190C.
- Allow to cool (as per the instructions) and then cut into 9 portions. Then, carefully cut each brownie in half along the face of the brownie. Once cooled, this should be easy to do.
- Take 40g of ice cream per brownie and sandwich between the two halves. Serve straight away, or return to the freezer to serve later.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.