Low-Cal Lasagne—Creamy Leek, Mushroom & Spinach
This veggie lasagne makes for a dreamy and healthy family meal
Can any family meal truly improve on a lasagne? It's got the lot; one pot, layers of flavour (literally) and the leftovers are often better than the first serving. Well, our's goes one further. When made with Lo-Dough, you retain all that layer flavour and texture but you create something that is nutritionally balanced, tasty and suitable for weight loss (or indeed any number of diets).
We've made this one veggie, but you could easily add in sausage meat, chicken or browned mince if your tastes are a little more carnivorous. Trust us though, neither you nor your family or friends will miss the meat in this one.
Simple, low-cal tasty food is easy when you make it with Lo-Dough.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4
2. Roll out your 2 pieces Lo-dough flat.
3. In a large pan, sweat your mushrooms, leeks and garlic in a little spray oil until softened. Add the ricotta and some veg stock (made up from the cube) to cover. Simmer for five minutes adding the spinach and thyme for the last minute.
4. Take approx half of your creamy mushroom sauce and spread in the bottom of a baking dish (circular is easiest, given Lo-Dough's shape!).
5. Add one piece of Lo-Dough on top and add the next half of the mushroom sauce, retaining 2-3 spoons of the sauce.
6. Add the second piece of Lo-Dough and push down. Top this piece with the remain spoons of sauce, ensuring it is completely covered and then lay of the cheese. You can dotted with herbs and or a fine grating of parmesan if desired.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Take out and serve each portion with a green salad on the side.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co