Low-Calorie Winter Warmers - Comfort Food Made With Lo-Dough
Check out this incredible creamy ham and leek pudding - an incredible comfort-food classic made low-calorie, low-carb and high fibre with Lo-Dough.
The recipe is incredibly simple and the dish will serve four people easily (or three greedy people!).
This method needs you to trim one piece of Lo-Dough. Don't forget to save any offcuts and blitz them into crumbs for many of our other recipes.
- 2 pieces of
- 400g chopped ham/gammon, diced into big chunks
- 400g leeks, dick into bite sized pieces
- 150g low fat cream cheese
- Chicken stock cube - made up to 200ml stock
- A few sprigs fresh fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper
- Spray oil for frying
- 1 egg, beaten (for a little egg wash)
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 180c/Gas 4. In a sauce pan, add your ham, leeks, cheese, stock, herbs and seasoning and cook down until the leeks have softened and the sauce has thickened.
Get an oven proof bowl approx. 16 cm in diameter and line with a piece of
Lo-Dough, allowing the folds to gather inside naturally.
Cut another piece of
Lo-Doughdown to fit the top of the bowl.
- Fill the bowl and first piece with the mix, pushing down and compacting as much as possible.
- Seal the lid to the base and filling with a little beaten egg and then wrap tightly in tin foil.
- Bake in the oven for approx 30-40 minutes. Turn out onto a platter, carefully cut out the quarters with a knife and serve with veg of your choice.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.