Low-cal Smoked Ham & Leek Pudding
Type: Suitable For:
Low-Calorie Winter Warmers - Comfort Food Made With Lo-Dough
Check out this incredible creamy ham and leek pudding - an incredible comfort-food classic made low-calorie, low-carb and high fibre with Lo-Dough.
The recipe is incredibly simple and the dish will serve four people easily (or three greedy people!).
This method needs you to trim one piece of Lo-Dough. Don't forget to save any offcuts and blitz them into crumbs for many of our other recipes.
Method1. Preheat your oven to 180c/Gas 4. In a sauce pan, add your ham, leeks, cheese, stock, herbs and seasoning and cook down until the leeks have softened and the sauce has thickened.
2. Get an oven proof bowl approx. 16 cm in diameter and line with a piece of Lo-Dough, allowing the folds to gather inside naturally.
3. Cut another piece of Lo-Dough down to fit the top of the bowl.
4. Fill the bowl and first piece with the mix, pushing down and compacting as much as possible.
5. Seal the lid to the base and filling with a little beaten egg and then wrap tightly in tin foil.
6. Bake in the oven for approx 30-40 minutes. Turn out onto a platter, carefully cut out the quarters with a knife and serve with veg of your choice.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co