Low-Calorie Bacon & Syrup Waffles
Low-Calorie Breakfast Heaven Is Made Of Bacon & Waffles!
We've been tinkering with our waffle recipe here at Lo-Dough HQ and think we have come up with the best one yet. Rather than using a waffle maker, we've gone with silicone waffle moulds and baked them. For our money, this is the cheapest and easiest way of making perfect Lo-Dough waffles.
We've used a fibre syrup alongside our own waffles which means from this one dish alone, you'll get more than 2/3 of your daily recommended fibre intake in one meal - and all for just 330 kcal and 5 carbs. Not a bad way to start your day!
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3-4 teaspoons of sweetener
- A little vanilla paste
- 40ml of milk
- Approx 40ml of water (or enough to loosen the batter to a thick pancake patter consistency)
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 20ml of fibre syrup
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas 6. Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into your mould.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes. To improve the crispness of the outside of the waffle. Take out of the mould after 15 minutes and cook on the other side for the last 5 minutes.
- While the waffles bake, grill/fry your bacon.
- Serve with the bacon and a good drizzle of fibre syrup.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.