The 66 Calorie Bakewell Cake
The most impressive low calorie dessert recipe to date
Type: Dessert Suitable For: Gluten freeLow calorie
Lo-Dough brings to you - the 66 calorie Bakewell cake. A beautiful, light almond-flavoured sponge, icing, jam and the cherry on top - for just 66 calories. One piece of Lo-dough makes three cakes and one cake would make the perfect mid-morning treat.
See image below for how we set up our baking tin:
Slimming, dieting or just generally being conscious with your healthy eating is really easy when you switch to Lo-Dough. You can say goodbye to all of the restrictions and put your favourite food, including amazing desserts like this one, back on the menu.
Low Calorie Dessert Recipes with Lo-Dough
The sweetest thing about this super healthy dessert is that it's way better for you than it looks. The Lo-Dough alternative makes is actually high in fibre and protein as well as good on the old waistline. And we challenge you to tell us it's not absolutely melt-in-the-mouth delicious.
- 1. Preheat your oven to 220C/428F/Gas 7
2. Add the eggs, milk, sweetener and 2-3 drops of almond extract/essence into a bowl and beat with a whisk. Add the Lo-Dough crumbs and combine.
3. If using a standard 8 inch tin, you will need to make an extra wall made out of tin-foil - this mix will fill roughly a third of an 8-inch square tin. Otherwise a small loaf tin or any small tin may be suitable (your Bakewells can be any shape, as long as the are roughly 1.5cm/half and inch thick.).
4. Fill the chosen tin and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Leave to cool on a rack and then carefully take out of the tin, remove the foil and greaseproof paper and cut into 3 squares. Top with a thin layer of jam and a small blob of icing on each. Finish with half a glacé cherry.
Serving suggestion: Sprinkle your cakes with lightly toasted, flaked almonds for a little extra flavour and texture and only a few extra calories.