Banana bread just got even simpler - and our low-calorie, gluten free banana bread is heaven-sent for dieters!
As a waste-conscious public, recipes like banana bread are perfect for using up leftovers. Whereas the regular variety is sugar and fat laden, our low-calorie, gluten free banana bread makes perfect sense for dieters, without sacrificing on taste.
Made using our Vanilla Sponge Mix, this recipe could be simpler - its just three ingredients - a packet of our mix, half a teaspoon of baking powder and... bananas. Water too if you want to split hairs. But that's it - mix, bake, cool, enjoy!
All of the sugars are coming from the bananas - our cake mix is sugar-free, meaning you only get natural sugars and all the nutritional benefits of the banana. That includes fibre - with the bananas combined with our mix, each portion supplies just under one third of your daily recommended intake.
Your want your banana bread gluten free? We've got that covered too!
Lo-Doughvanilla sponge mix
- 240g of water
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas (one sliced in half, the other two crushed to a paste)
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Make up the Vanilla Sponge Mix according to the packet instructions (Oven preheated at 180C). Mix in the crushed banana and transfer the mix to a lined loaf tin. Lay the other sliced banana on top for decoration (and extra banana!)
- Bake the mix for 35 minutes, then allow to cool, again as per the instructions.
- Serve au natural, or perhaps try with live yoghurt for a fibre packed, probiotic breakfast
If you have bananas about to turn a little over-ripe, freeze and save them and use those bananas to make this fantastic recipe.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.