Low Calorie Chocolate Brownies
These chocolatey lumps of happiness are actually good for you, and they are winning when it comes to low calorie dessert recipes.
Maximum taste, indulgent yet low calorie chocolate brownies - and they are just 125 calories per brownie.
Using 85% dark chocolate, cocoa and a piece of Lo-Dough, we have created a sweet taste-sensation that undercuts any shop-bought brownies on calories while still using 40g of quality chocolate in its mix. Homemade desserts that will impress your friends who are focused on fitness or losing weight (and who like a little sweet treat every now and then!).
Give them a go - we think you'll be amazed. 1 piece of Lo-Dough yields 3 brownies. See image below for how we set up our baking tin:
Lo-Dough has changed the way we do sweet desserts forever. Using it as part of your mix enables you to rustle up delicious cakes and treats which are better for your health than ever before.
Inspired? Check out more low calorie dessert recipes using Lo-Dough.
Buy your Lo-Dough bread and pastry alternatives today.
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 40g of dark chocolate
- 2g of cocoa
- 20g Sukrin Gold sweetener (or any sweetener of your choice)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 40ml of milk
- A few drops of vanilla extract
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 220C/428F/Gas 7.
Add the eggs, cocoa, vanilla extract and sweetener into a bowl and beat with a whisk. Add the
Lo-Doughcrumbs and mix well.
- Melt the chocolate into the milk in a microwave, stirring at 20 second intervals until combined fully. Allow to cool briefly.
- Combine the two mixes thoroughly.
- If using a standard 8 inch tin, you will need to make an extra wall made out of tin-foil - this mix will fill roughly a third of the tin. Otherwise a small loaf tin or any small tin may be suitable (brownies don't have to be square!).
- Fill the chosen tin and bake for 7-8 minutes. You are looking for the mix to be slightly undercooked when it leaves the oven. As it cools, this will make them chewy and fudgy.
- Leave to cool (minimum 30 minutes) on a rack and then cut into 3 squares. These will keep for up to 3 days - use a sealed box.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.