Low Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookies
Enjoy baking? Low-calorie cookies have landed
Low-calorie snacks are one thing, but low-calorie chocolate chip cookies that are also magically without the usual high carbs? What a sweet bit of news.
Chocolate chips, butter - the sinful foods which you are used to being told to steer clear from, all made possible because you are using Lo-Dough as your biscuit alternative.
One piece of Lo-Dough will make you two delicious, slightly crunchy, slightly chewy cookies and each individual cookie is 123 calories and only 4.5 Carbs. That's half the calories of most equivalent shop-bought cookies and about a sixth of the carbs.
Did you know? You can freeze Lo-Dough
They also freeze really well, which is giving us another idea. As ever - eating our cookies will fill you up due to the fibre content, so you won't feel the need to keep repeat snacking.
Low-calorie baking recipes that are on plan
If you think Lo-Dough chocolate chip cookies are great, take a look at the other healthy desserts and low-calorie baking recipes which make a once unhealthy food into something which fits in around your fitness goals and macros. It goes without saying that losing weight or being on a weight loss diet is made easier and freer than ever before with a delicious bread and pastry alternative like Lo-dough.
Inspired? Check out these low-calorie chocolate brownies for more super baking ideas.
- High protein
- Only 39 calories per piece
Method1. Preheat your oven to 200C/392F/Gas 6.
2. Add the butter and sweetener together in a bowl and beat with and electric whisk.
3. Leaving the egg aside, add all the other ingredients and mix well with a spoon, then slowly add the egg a bit at a time - you may not need the whole thing. Keep pressing the mix together with the back of a spoon until it holds as a firm paste. It may be easier to get your (clean) hands in at this point!
4. Split the mix into two equal balls. On a greased and lined baking tray, push the balls down into flat discs. You can use a cutter or mould if you want a neat shape. they should be around 0.5cm thick, but it can be slightly thicker without affecting the recipe.
5. Bake for 7 minutes.
6. When baked, carefully place them on a rack to cool a little. They can be eaten after 10 minutes or so, or allowed to cool completely.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co