Low-Calorie Mug Cakes with Oozy Melting Chocolate
The proof is in the mug cake - take a look at this delightful photo and see if you can believe it's a little over 300 calories. The sweet melted chocolate oozing from the centre makes it seem like a sinful treat and we can vouch for the fact that is tastes like one.
At a fraction of the calories found in home-baked or shop-bought equivalents, this incredible pool of melting chocolate (real dark chocolate; not a dietary alternative) compliments the Lo-Dough cake casing which makes for an outstanding low-calorie dessert.
It's also super quick to rustle up
From raw ingredients to your plate in just 10 minutes... so treat yourself!
If you are calorie counting - this is one very rich dessert, why not share it with a friend for just 162 calories each? Frankly we wouldn't share ours with anyone...
Inspired by low-calorie dessert recipes? Check out the Lo-Dough ginger cookies recipe here
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 25g of 'Highlights' chocolate drink powder
- 10g of dark chocolate
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of fat free yoghurt
- 25-30ml (a shot) of milk
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Add all the ingredients apart from the dark chocolate to a bowl and mix well.
- Put half the mix into a mug of your choice, add the dark chocolate in the middle, then add the rest of the mix on top and cook in a microwave for 2-3 (depending on microwave wattage) minutes.
- Take out and leave to stand for a further minute before turning out onto a plate. Serve immediately.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.