These Low-Cal Vegetarian Fritters Are Just The Ticket For A Light Meal
Lo-Dough fritters make for a super-light, low-calorie, low-carb, high-fibre meal. Cheesy, garlicky slightly spicy and with the fresh taste of the courgette and herbs (feel free to pick your favourites), they are a vegetarian delight.
Finding ways of creating filling low-carb vegetarian meals can be tough. Lo-Dough gives you the leeway to explore that option every time. Thanks to the incredibly high amount of fibre you get in one piece of Lo-Dough anything made with that will be incredibly filling and satisfying. At just 8 carbs per serving (all 8 fritters as pictured), these would also be great for somebody on a low-carb diet. You could up the fat by frying in a good amount of olive/avocado oil. If strictly keto and looking for the very lowest carb accompaniment, you could well serve these with mayo. If just counting calories, these come in at an incredibly low 258 kcal.
They are simple to make and ready in a matter of minutes and totally delicious - so what are you waiting for?!
Lo-Dough Is A Low-Calorie, Low-Carb Ingredient
By blitzing your Lo-Dough down in a food processor, you end up with a unique ingredient, unlocking a whole new level of low-carb cookery innovation. These crumbs can be combined with sweet or savoury ingredients, almost as a flour replacement, allowing you to make low-carb (and thus, low-calorie) versions of your favourite treats. From pancakes to mug cakes, fritters to a breadcrumb coating, the options are only as limited as your imagination.
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to a fine crumb
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 70g of courgette, grated and squeezed to remove any excess water
- A little fresh red chilli, finely chopped (or chilli flakes)
- A small handful of fresh herbs (we used basil and parsley), finely chopped
- Half a clove of garlic
- A dessert spoon of fat-free yoghurt (or creme fraiche for extra fat)
- 30g of grated mozzarella
- 10 sprays of oil (or a good splash of olive oil for keto)
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Add all your prepared ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Form into 8 patties/fritters - they don't need to be perfectly circular!
- Fry on a low-medium heat for approx. 3 minutes a side, or until golden brown.
- Serve alongside a simple salad, with a condiment of your choice.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.