Low-Calorie Vanilla Flan
An Incredible, Low-Calorie Dessert - Serve With Summer Or Winter Fruits!
A fantastic and economic use for Lo-Dough is this fantastic deep-fill custard flan. One piece of Lo-Dough will yield four portions. By using a 6-inch sandwich tin, you create a much deeper lip - allow for a deeper fill of sweet custard!
This is perfect eaten on its own, alongside seasonal fruit, on the go, in sandwich boxes at work - you name it!
We made a rich and indulgent mix of cream, eggs (whole and yolks), milk, sweetener and vanilla, but you can follow pretty much any custard recipe you like.
Give it a go!
Method1. Preheat your oven to 140c/Gas Mark One. In a sauce pan, gently heat up the cream with the split and deseeded vanilla pod until just too hot to touch.
2. While the cream is heating, whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sweetener thoroughly.
3. Pour the hot cream over the egg mixture, whisking the whole time.
4. Pour the custard mix back in to the original pan, but through a sieve to catch the vanilla pod. Gently heat for a little while longer, while stirring, just to thicken a little.
5. Roll out your Lo-Dough flat between two pieces of paper found in the pouch and work into a 7inch tin.
6. Pour in the custard mix and then place the tin in the oven and leave to bake gently for 25-30 minutes. The custard should be set, but still have a bit a wobble.
7. Allow to cool on a rack and once cooled enough place in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co