Low-Calorie Duck & Watermelon Wrap
This Asian Flavoured Low-Calorie Wrap Will Blow Your Mind
Hot, sweet, salty and sour and umami are the four main flavour building blocks of many south-east Asian meals. This dish has all five in spades!
We slow roasted the duck legs in a low-oven for a good hour and a half then allowed them to rest as cool for a few moments. What this gave us was the juiciest and tender duck flesh we could hope for. It practically fell off the bone and was quickly shredded up with a gentle forking. Next, we made a simple dressing - soy, lime, sweetener, chilii, garlic, ginger, mint, coriander and tossed the duck in a couple of spoonfuls of that.
Assembling your Low-Calorie Wrap
For the assembly of the dish, we added the dressed duck to a few choice salad ingredients - the unusual ingredient here being watermelon (trust us - you'll be putting it in all your salads once you've tried it - it acts as the perfect palette cleanser with every mouthful).
As ever, with Lo-Dough, it can be used straight out of the packet, but for a perfect tortilla-thin wrap, we recommended flattening it out with a rolling pin.
You've got to give this recipe a go - trust us, it's a total delight
- 1 piece of
- 150g skinless duck leg
- 20g of watermelon
- 15g of salad
- 1 spring onion sliced
- Half a red chilli, sliced
For the dressing
- A teaspoon of ginger, grated
- A clove of garlic, grated
- The juice of half a lime
- A heaped teaspoon of sweetener (erythritol)
- 1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- A splash of water to dilute
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Season your duck liberally with salt and pepper and place in a baking tray. Cover with foil and roast in a low oven (140C) for approx two hours - or until soft and tender.
Roll out your
Lo-Doughwith a rolling pin until flattened to tortilla thickness.
Arrange the salad ingredients on your
- Shred the duck with a fork, mix all you dressing ingredients and then combing the duck and dressing together. Place on top of your salad.
- Wrap up and eat straight away, or wrap up in foil and save for later in the day. We dressed ours with a little drizzle of Sriracha mayo too, but this is wholly optional!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.