This low-calorie quiche is the perfect vehicle for your breakfast favourites
Sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, well, it's all here... not to mention eggs, cheese and sweet fried onions. Our low calorie breakfast quiche is the perfect start to the day - ridiculously tasty and filling, but somehow incredibly low calorie and low-carb.
Pick the ingredients that best suit your tastes and diet and combine with Lo-Dough for a guaranteed low-carb quiche smash!
- 1 piece of
- 2 rashers of lean bacon, grilled and sliced into lardons
- 2 heck sausage, grilled
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- A few mushrooms, sliced
- 30g of grated cheddar cheese
- 150ml of half-fat crème fraiche
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 sprays of fry light oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
Take a piece of
Lo-Doughand roll out gently between two of the thin pieces of paper found in its packet - you are only looking to flatten the Lo-Dougha little.
Lo-Doughinto the tin evenly, taking care to push it into the corners and create an upright edge.
Arrange the cooked meats and mushrooms in the
Lo-Doughwith the halved tomatoes and chopped parsley.
- Whisk the four eggs and half-fat creme fraiche in a jug, season to taste with salt and pepper and carefully pour over the other ingredients. Top with a sprinkling of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. The egg mixture will puff up a bit like a souffle as it cooks, but will soon drop back down as the quiche cools. Enjoy hot or cold!
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.