Low-Calorie Gruyere & Balsamic Onion Pizza
This perfect combination will blow your mind. Low-Carb pizza for the win!
Sometimes the simple things in life are the best and this combination of gorgeous gruyere and sweet balsamic onions is a great example of that. Served with Lo-Dough, it makes for a low-carb pizza that doesn't compromise on flavour one bit.
The trick is to take your time with the onions - cook slowly for at least 30 minutes - you can always make a large amount and portion in batches for future uses.
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/Gas 7
2. Slowly sweat down the onions in pan with the oil for approx 15-20 minutes, adding the balsamic vinegar for the last minute or two.
3. Spread the passata on the smooth side of your Lo-Dough, spreading right to the edge. Then add your cheese, again, right to the edge.
4. Top with blobs of the balsamic onions
5. Bake in your oven for 7-10 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Garnish with herbs if desired. Serve straight away.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co