The 170 Calorie Ham & Mushroom Pizza
Type: Pizza Suitable For: Gluten freeLow calorieLow carbLow fatSlimming friendly
We bring to you - the most delicious low calorie pizza recipe of 2018
The classic ham and mushroom pizza has just been transformed from a guilty pleasure to a healthy Lo-Dough delight. Use some quality Wiltshire ham with garlic and herb infused mushrooms, or mushrooms of your choice depending on your taste. Either way, even vaguely following this outstanding low calorie pizza recipe will result in a healthy eating revolution on your plate.
Our team recommends low-fat mozzarella, as with this, the whole pizza weighs in at a nice and light 170 calories. What a lovely light lunch idea.
Low fat pizza base which tastes great
Using Lo-Dough as your pizza base opens up a world of opportunities when it comes to keeping on plan with your fitness goals - especially if you are cutting the calories or watching the pounds in general.
This 170 calorie pizza has gone down a storm with the slimming and fitness world, not least because the high fibre content in the Lo-Dough base keeps you nice and full for longer, while the protein contributes to a great post-workout meal.
It goes without saying that being able to enjoy such a classic topping like ham and mushroom whilst having to worry much, much less about calorie content, is a great slice of news for any pizza lover.
So, what are you waiting for? Happy pizza making!
Tip - lightly fry your Lo-Dough for one minute each side before adding your toppings and popping in the oven.
Did you know? Lo-Dough is:
High fibre | fat free | low-carb | gluten free | dairy free | high protein | paleo | vegetarian | sugar free
- 1. Preheat your oven to 250°C/475F/Gas 9
2. Spray the fry-light into a pan, and fry off the mushrooms for 2 minutes, adding the garlic and fresh thyme after 1 minute. Put to one side.
3. Quickly and lightly toast of your Lo-dough slice in the oil left behind from the mushrooms – you are looking to add a couple of nice golden-brown spots to give that authentic pizza-char.
4. Put the Lo-Dough onto your cooking tray/pizza stone/air-fryer stand and spoon the passata over it, making sure to spread it right to the edge. Add salt & pepper to taste.
5. Add the cheese, followed by the ham and mushrooms.
6. Bake in your oven for 6-7 minutes. After removing, sprinkle with the basil leaves for a hit of fresh flavour and colour. Serve straight away.