Just 4 ingredients are all it takes to make this lovely, low-cal treat!
If you are looking for a simple, quick and tasty dessert, then this might just be the recipe for you. 1 Lo-Dough base, 1 egg, a couple of spoons of sugar and some tinned mandarins is all you need - mix it up, spoon it into a mug and microwave for 2 mins and dessert is served.
Of course - you can mix it up with your choice of tinned fruit - it will all work - just be sure to drain well to make sure your cake mix doesn't become too wet.
Serve with yoghurt, cream or any low-sugar syrups or sauces of your choice.
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 90g of tinned mandarin segments, drained (plus a few to garnish)
- 2 dessert spoons of sweetener
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Add the
Lo-Dough, egg, mandarins and sweetener to a bowl and mix well, breaking up the mandarins as you mix.
- Line the end of a mug with a small piece of grease proof paper. Add the cake mix on top.
- Cook in a microwave for 2-3 minutes (depending on wattage). After 2 minutes take out and check by pressing the bottom of the mug cake. It should feel firm to touch, with a little bounce.
- Take out and leave to stand in the mug for a further minute before turning out onto a plate.
- Serve au natural with yoghurt for breakfast or low fat, sweetened crème fraîche/cream for a lovely dessert.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.