Low-Calorie Hot Dogs? Yes. We. Did.
Hot dogs, frankfurters, wieners - they're a delicious and guilty pleasure, aren't they? But what if we told you that you could eat them with a Lo-Dough base and enjoy an entire one for 380 calories?
And that is going all in with a full-fat sausage - no skimping on the contents. Lo-Dough is used to make a soft and tasty finger bun with only 39 calories, leaving you free to enjoy the meat and top up with mustard or ketchup (or both, why not).
We suggest the New York hot dog as a Friday night treat or weekend indulgence. Being good to yourself includes having a treat, right?
- 1 piece of
- 2 good quality butcher's sausages
- 1 large onion
- 6 sprays of fry-light
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Heat your oven up to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Add you sausage into the oven on a tray and cook for approx. 20-25 mins.
- While the sausage is cooking, spray your pan with a few sprays of fry-light and fry your onions on a gentle heat. You are looking to get them very soft and lightly brown.
When the sausages and the onions cooked, you're ready to get it into the bun. Fold the
Lo-Doughin towards the centre, about one inch either side to create your Lo-Doughbun (see image).
Place the sausage on in the middle of your folded
Lo-Dough, followed by the onions and then place into a fry-light sprayed sandwich press, or press down in a pre-sprayed hot griddle pan for approx two minutes (turning in the griddle pan after 1 minute).
- Serve with sauce of your choice or go au natural.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.