Healthy New York Hot Dog
Low calorie hot dogs are possible with Lo-Dough
Low-Calorie Hot Dogs? Yes. We. Did.
Hot dogs, frankfurters, wieners - they're a delicious and guilty pleasure, aren't they? What if we told you that you could do them on the Lo-Dough and enjoy an entire one for 380 calories?
And that is going all in with a full-fat sausage - no skimping on the contents. Lo-Dough is used to make a soft and tasty finger bun with only 39 calories, leaving you free to enjoy the meat and top up with mustard or ketchup (or both, why not).
We suggest the New York hot dog as a Friday night treat or weekend indulgence. Being good to yourself includes having a treat, right?
Method1. Heat your oven up to 200C/400F/Gas 6
2. Add you sausage into the oven on a tray and cook for approx. 20-25 mins.
3. While the sausage is cooking, spray your pan with a few sprays of fry-light and fry your onions on a gentle heat. You are looking to get them very soft and lightly brown.
4. When the sausages and the onions cooked, you're ready to get it into the bun. Fold the Lo-Dough in towards the centre, about one inch either side to create your Lo-Dough bun (see image).
5. Place the sausage on in the middle of your folded Lo-Dough, followed by the onions and then place into a fry-light sprayed sandwich press, or press down in a pre-sprayed hot griddle pan for approx two minutes (turning in the griddle pan after 1 minute).
6. Serve with sauce of your choice or go au natural.
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co