Low-Calorie Raspberry & Custard Tart.
This Low-Calorie Dessert Is A Sweet, Fruity Delight!
Sometimes the simplest things in life are what we all crave. This dessert is no exception. Sweet, vanilla custard and sweet/tart raspberries make the most incredible (and moreish) dessert combo. This is sweet indulgence taken up to 11!
As ever with desserts, finding a way to keep sugars, fats and carbs low without ruining their luxurious flavour can be incredibly tricky. By using Lo-Dough and a good-quality sweetener in place of pastry and sugar, you can achieve this without sacrificing any flavour at all.
Making the tart is really, really straightforward. Make a simple custard (as described below). Roll out your Lo-Dough as thin as it will go and push into a 7-inch sandwich pan or cheesecake mould. Carefully pour in your custard and then drop in around 100g of raspberries, making sure there are nicely dispersed. Place in a low oven (140C) for around 40 minutes, or until just soft-set. Allow to cool on a rack or in the fridge for a short while and hey presto - you are ready to indulge.
Low-Carb Desserts Are A Doddle With Lo-Dough
Switch out the pastry found in many desserts for Lo-Dough, and you will immediately drop the carbs and calories and up the fibre of the dish. For a carb-restricted diet, this is a huge plus, but for anybody watching their calorific intake, it's a massive bonus too. Cutting down on sugar is never a bad thing either, so consider switching this out for a quality erythritol-based sweetener.
Desserts are a special treat, but with Lo-Dough, you can make that treat a much more regular thing!
Method1. Preheat your oven to 140c/Gas Mark One.
2. Roll out your Lo-Dough and push into a 7-inch tin.
3. Arrange your raspberries around the Lo-Dough.
4. Make a simple custard mix by whisking the eggs together with the creme fraiche, sweetener and vanilla
5. Pour in the custard mix over the raspberries and put into the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes. The custard should be set, but still have a bit a wobble.
6. Allow to cool on a rack for at least 20 minutes. Then cool in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Serve as it is or with a dollop of yoghurt, or even a little cream if desired!
Lo-Dough is bread reinvented, a new way to enjoy the convenience and taste of bread & pastry with 90% less carbs and loads more fibre.
Shop now at lodough.co