With avocados being incredibly (somewhat surprisingly) high in fat, this can be a calorie-laden dish, so that's where Lo-Dough comes in. Low calorie smashed avocado toast opens up so many doors, instead of the high-calorie and carb-heavy white/wholemeal bread, using Lo-Dough negates this problem and allows you to enjoy the delights of indulgent eating.
Smashed avocado open sandwiches first started appearing on menus sometime in the 90's, but has since come to symbolise the eating habits of the millennial generation.
NOTE - Do not toast Lo-Dough in a toaster.
Low calorie smashed avocado toast is super easy
One Lo-Dough cut into quarters easily holds two medium avocados, so this actually works out as an economic use of your Lo-Dough - serving 2 people with just one piece whilst still being filling and irresistible.
We dressed ours with the brilliant Blend Bros Piri Piri Sauce and a little balsamic.
gluten free | dairy free | fat free | low carb | sugar free | high in protein | high fibre | vegetarian | 39 calories per piece
- 1 piece of
- 2 ripe, medium avocados
- 8 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Half a red chilli, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh corriander
- Half a clove of garlic, crushed
- The juice of half a lime
- Blend Bros Piri Piri Sauce
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Place your tomatoes in a hot oven to roast for a few minutes.
- Crush the avocados with a fork and add the lime immediately. Then add the garlic, coriander and chilli and mix.
Heat up a griddle pan, give it a few sprays of oil and quickly toast your
Lo-Doughuntil it has some bar marks on it and a slightly crispier texture - this won't take very long.
- Add the crushed avocado mix onto the toasts and top with the tomatoes. Dress with some Blend Bros Piri Piri Sauce. You can add balsamic if desired too.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.