Why not enjoy your breakfast smoked salmon and eggs in the form of a delicious, low-calorie quiche?
Smoked salmon and eggs - something about it just feels posh! It certainly tastes luxurious. and with Lo-Dough, you can keep all that luxurious flavour on your plate but ditch the carbs and calories - always a bonus.
It's easy to make and the beauty of baking a quiche rather than buying from a shop is that you are in control of what's in it, how it tastes and how low-cal/low carb it can be.
You've got to try this one!
- 1 piece of
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 150ml of creme fraiche
- 100g of hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- 30g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 15g of watercress any large stalks removed
- A small handful of dill, finely chopped
- 50g of cold smoked salmon
- Salt & pepper
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325 F.
- Roll out your Lo-dough flat and it into a 7 inch tin. Make sure to do this evenly, taking care to push it into the corners and create an upright edge.
- Mix the eggs and creme fraiche in a bowl with a whisk. Add the chopped dill and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the flakes of salmon and the watercress in your quiche base.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the salmon and watercress and top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Take out and allow to cool on a rack for at least 10 mins. Serve with some cold smoked salmon on top for an extra touch of luxury.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.