Spinach & Goats Cheese Quiche
Type: Pastry Suitable For: Gluten freeLow calorieLow carbVegetarian
Another Low Calorie Quiche Sensation Veggie Style
Here at Lo-Dough Towers, we can't get enough of Lo-Dough quiches. Versatile and adaptable - you can follow the basic recipe (150ml Low Creme Fraiche and 4 large eggs to fill the Lo-Dough pastry) and make a quiche to satisfy any flavour combinations you desire.
Thanks to Lo-Dough, the Calories and carbs will always be dramatically reduced, plus you will always feel full and satisfied, whether you choose to go with the recommended quarter portion, or throw caution to the wind and enjoy half to yourself.
We have gone with Spinach and goats cheese - a lovely, flavoursome vegetarian combination. It really is the perfect picnic or lunchbox treat and incredibly simple to make.
High fibre | fat free | low-carb | gluten free | dairy free | high protein | paleo | vegetarian | sugar free
More info on how to use Lo-Dough as a pastry alternative
- 1. Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3
2. Push the Lo-Dough into a greased (with the fry-light) and lined tin. Make sure to do this evenly, taking care to push it into the corners and create an upright edge.
3. Wilt the spinach in a pan with a splash of water. This should only take 30 seconds. When cooled, squeeze the excess water out of it.
4. Arrange the spinach in and around the quiche base. Then add the chunks of goats cheese.
5. Whisk the 4 eggs and half-fat creme crème in a jug with the chives, season to taste with salt and pepper and carefully pour over spinach and cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Take out and allow to cool on a rack for at least 10 mins. Enjoy warm or cold!