Oranges and Lemons... are the key flavours in this incredible low-calorie mug cake.
The lyrics of that childhood memory make for a perfect flavour combination in our amazing low calorie mug cake. Using fresh fruit and a naughty blob of lemon curd in the centre of the cake this is a perfect quick-fix dessert that wont hit you over the head with calories, whilst still delivering incredible flavour.
Blitz, mix and microwave. Making low-calorie mug cakes has never been easier.
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to fine crumbs
- The juice and zest of an orange and a lemon
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp of sweetener
- 2 teaspoons of lemon curd
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl (apart from the lemon curd) and mix well.
- Put half the mix into a mug of your choice add the lemon curd, top up with the other half of the mix and cook in a microwave for 2-3 minutes (microwaves vary). The cake should feel 'just' cooked to the touch.
- Take out and leave to stand for a further minute before turning out onto a plate.
- Serve with segments of citrus fruit and a blob of low fat crème fraîche.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.