Succulent Steak & Salad Wrap
Type: MainsWraps Suitable For: Gluten freeHigh proteinLow calorieLow carb
This low calorie steak wrap made with Lo-Dough is a real game changer and is incredibly healthy too. If you love steak but you're watching the calories, this is the recipe for you.
Is there a meat-eater alive who can resist a perfectly cooked steak sandwich? Well, dieting meat-eaters - you no longer need to resist. This is our low calorie, low carb, high protein beauty and tastes every bit as good as it looks.
Keto Friendly Recipe
Top tip: If you are on a Keto diet, switch the yoghurt for mayonnaise and maybe lose the onions to shave off a couple of carbs and up the fat.
The ketogenic diet (or keto diet) has been practised for more than nine decades and is based upon a solid understanding of physiology and nutrition science.
Rather than focusing on low calorie meals, the keto diet is high-fat with a reasonable amount of protein. Food consumed on a keto diet is very rich and portion control will come naturally. This particular diet takes an entirely different approach to weight loss and improved fitness and nutrition.
Main benefits of a keto diet include:
- weight loss
- appetite control (easier with the type of food eaten)
- more energy
- works against type 2 diabetes
- better mental focus and for longer
Method1. Season your steak liberally with salt and pepper and fry on a high heat in the spray oil until cooked to your liking. We recommend 3 minutes a side and that it be left it a warm place to rest for approx 5 minutes - this will give you a perfect medium rare.
2. Toast your Lo-Dough lightly on both sides with a spray of fry-light.
3. Arrange the salad ingredients on your Lo-Dough. Add a fine drizzle of good quality balsamic over for a little tang.
4. Once rested, slice the steak and place over the salad. Mix the horseradish and yoghurt in a bowl and drizzle over.
5. Wrap up and eat straight away, or wrap up in foil and save for later in the day.