Low-carb, low-calorie crab cakes make for an amazing light meal
Fragrant, sweet, sour, salty AND spicy, these Thai fish cakes are a mouthwatering use of Lo-Dough in its crumb form. The calories and carbs are low as ever, but you wouldn't know it from the flavour. Also, thanks to Lo-Dough's incredible high fibre content, something that would normally be served as a starter, becomes a light but filling meal. They are incredibly simple to make too, using a few simple ingredients and taking no longer the 5 minutes to cook.
Our thousands of Lo-Dough users swear by these nutritional, low-calorie alternative meals. Whether you are slimming or focused on your fitness and nutrition, going Lo-Dough can be a real game changer.
- 1 piece of
Lo-Dough, blitzed to a crumb
- 85g tinned crab meat, drained well
- 1 small egg (approx 50g), beaten
- 20g of quark
- Half a red chilli, finely chopped
- Half a clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- A small handful of coriander, chopped
- 4 sprays of fry-light
- Salt & pepper
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Add your all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Form into three small cakes.
- Oil a pan with the fry-light and on a medium heat, fry the cakes for approx. 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with sides of your choice. We think sweet chilli and soy are a must, plus homemade pickled carrots, salad and more coriander.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.