An Incredible Low-Calorie Kebab Courtesy Of Lo-Dough & Spicentice
The calories in many kebabs are actually found in the bread it's wrapped in, rather than the filling itself (fatty doner meat being an exception to this rule). Most kebabs you'll find are likely to be grilled and as such, release a lot of their fats.
By wrapped flavoursome grilled meat, a selection of salad and your sauce of choice in a Lo-Dough wrap, you are saving a huge amount of the carbs and thus calories found in a standard kebab, without losing any of the taste.
For a lower-fat sauce - make up a garlic sauce with some fat-free yoghurt. If looking to up your fats, make a garlic mayo. A few drops of chilli sauce wouldn't go amiss either!
For the flavoursome hit of spice, we've got our friends at Spicentice to thank for this one - we've used their Turkish Doner Kebab seasoning.
Note - The recipe below is for one serving. Get ahead with some meal prep and make a good batch of spiced up chicken thighs ready to eat through the week.
- 1 piece of
- 1 chicken thigh
- 2-3g of Spicentice Turkish Doner Kebab seasoning
- Half a clove of garlic, crushed
- A teaspoon of tomato puree
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A few thin slices of red onion
- A few leaves of lettuce
- A couple of slices of tomato
- A little chopped parsley/mint/coriander, as desired
- A few sprays of 1 cal oil
- Salt & pepper
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Roll out your
Lo-Doughthinly between two sheets of the paper found in the packet with the Lo-Dough.
- Preheat your grill until it is as hot as possible. Leave for a good 10-15 minutes to heat while you get the chicken marinaded.
- Mix the spice, the tomato puree, the lemon juice and the crushed garlic with a few sprays of oil. Coat your chicken thigh and place under the grill.
While it cooks, arrange all the salad ingredients on your
- Once the chicken is cooked through, take off the grill and slice. Arrange on top of your salad. Add a garlic sauce and chilli sauce if desired. Wrap up and serve.
Use a pre-mixed spice blend, like Spicentice's own, or just mix and match your own favourite spices
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.