A Low-Calorie Pizza That Is Pure Veggie Indulgence
Mushrooms, gently fried with garlic and thyme... fragrant, moreish pesto... tomato sauce and lashings of rich mozzarella. Sounds good right? Well, believe us - it absolutely is! This might be a vegetarian's delight, but we'd doubt very much if any confirmed carnivores could come away from this unsatisfied.
All of this comes in at 366 calories, just 7 carbs... and that's for the whole pizza. It also supplies an amazing 22g of protein and 11g of fibre... Pizza made with Lo-Dough is pizza like no other!
Low-Carb Diet? Get Pizza Back On The Menu
At just 7g of carbs (of which, just 3g are sugar), this is pizza for any low-carb dieter... including those on a ketogenic diet. Your Lo-Dough pizza base is completely free of refined carbohydrate (it is comprised of little more than protein and fibre), allowing you to top up on indulgent toppings and fall back in love with pizza all over again.
Treat yourself without going off plan - Make it with Lo-Dough.
- 1 piece of
- 75g of grated mozzarella
- 40g of mushrooms, sliced
- Half a clove of garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of passata
- 2 tablespoons of green pesto
- A teaspoon of chopped thyme
- A few sprays of oil
What you'll need
This diet-friendly recipe is possible with:
- Preheat your oven to 250°C/475F/Gas 9.
Spray the oil into the pan and fry off your
Lo-Doughto add some colour to the base.
- Briefly fry off your mushrooms, garlic and thyme in a few sprays of oil, until lightly browned.
Put the browned
Lo-Doughonto your cooking mesh/grill bars/pizza stone/air-fryer stand. Spoon the passata onto your Lo-Dough, making sure to spread it right to the edge.
- Add the mozzarella on top, distributing as evenly as possible. Then add your fried mushrooms and dot the pesto around in little blobs.
- Bake in your oven for 7-10 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Serve straight away.
Hungry for more recipes?
Join over 200,000 subscribers in receiving new recipes, tips, offers and a whole lot more.