Low Calorie Veggie Quesadillas
Type: Mains Suitable For: Gluten freeHigh fibreHigh proteinLow calorieLow fat
Veggie Quesadillas with Lo-Dough and Cheese
An easy to make recipe that brings you a taste of Mexico - all for 161 calories a portion. Sometimes it's just too good to be true. This recipe has five different vegetables running through it, with a little spice and a lot of cheese. Specifically, Eatlean's Protein cheese - low fat, but high taste and high protein.
You can add salsa and sour cream (or fat-free yoghurt as a healthier alternative) if you like, but the taste is all there without it. Serve alongside a mixed salad and if you want some healthy fats, go with some avocado.
This recipe will feed two (if you are cooking for one, cut a piece of Lo-Dough in half to create a base and lid and halve the ingredient quantities).
- 1. In a large frying pan, in a about 4 sprays of oil, fry all the chopped vegetables and paprika for 10 minutes on a medium heat, stirring regularly.
2. Add the cooked veg to a bowl and mix in the grated cheese, keeping a little of the cheese back.
3. Wipe the pan and spray a little oil in - add a piece of Lo-Dough and brown on both sides for 20-30 seconds or so. Remove the Lo-Dough.
4. Spray the pan with a little more oil and place in the other piece of Lo-Dough. Immediately add the veg/cheese mix and put the other piece of Lo-Dough on top. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Cook in the pan on a low heat for 5 mins. Then transfer to a hot oven for another 5 mins or until the cheese is fully melted.
5. Serve alongside any accompaniments you like. Suggestions in description.