Bread and Butter Pudding
Feels like bread, tastes like bread – but your body doesn’t treat it like bread.
Type: Dessert Suitable For: Gluten freeLow calorieLow carb
The best thing about using Lo-Dough is its incredible bread like quality. Lo-Dough contains around 50% fewer calories and due to it being virtually carb free, it doesn’t contribute to raising blood sugar, it feels like bread and tastes like bread – but your body doesn’t treat it like bread.
This delicious ‘no bread’ bread and butter pudding looks and tastes just like the real thing. We used Skinny Syrup for flavouring, along with coconut milk and traditional festive spices. The mixed berries work very well as a replacement for sultanas (which are very high in sugar content). It's indulgent, it’s light and best yet, it's super low in carbs.
Top tip: Vanilla paste makes for a quality star ingredient. We love that it contains some of the seeds from the extract.
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
2. Make your mix: Beat the eggs in the coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, skinny syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth using a whisk.
3. Cutting the Lo-Dough into triangles use 1/2 tbsp to butter on one side and the remaining 1/2 to butter the ovenproof tray
5. Layer the Lo-Dough into the tray butter side up and place the berries over and under the Lo-Dough in layers.
6. Pour the mixture over the Lo-Dough and allow to soak for ten minutes making sure all pieces are fully covered in the mixture. Scatter your mixed berries over the top. Use the rest of the butter and stagetically place across the top of the pudding
7. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 30 minute.
8. Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve with your poison of choice!